Sunday, January 24, 2010

Winner!


Patternreview.com had a Sewing for Men contest, and I entered the pea coat I made for Eamon. This was the first thing Eamon ever asked me to make for him so I had to admit I was delighted, and worked on it steadily until it was finished. The pattern is Burda Magazine 10-2006-129. They made it up in leather and their pockets were placed much higher due to the belt in the design. I eliminated the belt and made it in black heavy wool. My pattern review

I also entered the Pendleton wool shirt I made as a Christmas present for Mike. Got some nice comments on this, too, but the pea coat was very popular, and it won 1st place! The prize is a free online class at Patternreview.com. Excellent--I will use it!


Sewing for Men Large

By the way, I have a group on flickr.com called Sewing for Men. I've been trying to get it going, but it has bee tough attracting entries, so spread the word!

1 comment:

Anita (Summer Gypsy) said...

Congratulations on winning the contest. The jacket looks gorgeous!

Shirred Stretch Dress

Burdastyle's  Stretch Jersey Dress 08/2018 #112  is sure to be one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I will make this over and ove...