Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bardot-Inspired Dress

Here is the Brigitte Bardot dress from the book I just posted about. It might take me some courage to wear this. I think it looks better on the dress form.
The whole bodice except for the gussets, is interfaced, since it was cut on the bias. The advantage is, it adds opacity and body to the cotton voile. However, the dress is lined anyway. The lining really is necessary to face the neckline edges. 

The most difficult part about the dress (besides the time-consuming fusible interfacing application) was fussing with the gussets. As I am on to sewing my next dress from this book, which also has the gusset, I've figured out how to make this easy to do. Watch for that topic here soon.




2 comments:

HeathersSphere said...

Such a fun and flirtatious retro looking dress with a modern day vibe. You look gorgeous as always.

Cristina said...

Thanks, that is nice of you, Heather!

Shirred Stretch Dress

Burdastyle's  Stretch Jersey Dress 08/2018 #112  is sure to be one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I will make this over and ove...