Monday, November 1, 2010

Twinkle Jacket Blouse

Not a great photo, but I'm wearing an ivory silk charmeuse cami underneath--great texture contrast.


This pattern is from the Twinkle Sews book, which I have thoroughly enjoyed. Eye for an Eyelet is the 3rd pattern I have made from the book; I also made the A-Plus A-Line skirt twice (highly recommend!), and the English Garden skirt.
I loved the idea of using black eyelet fabric as in the book's version, and I happened to have some, but it is some kind of nylon fabric with a slight stretch. If you ask me, a little stretch is always good, especially since this is the first top I have sewn from the designer. The stretch fabric made the shaping that is cut into the waistband redundant, but that's okay. So I was eager to try the pattern with a woven, and I've had this sage linen sitting around for ages. I used the big huge snaps on this version since the wide button band is perfect for them. Next? I would love to try making this in wool with a lining.

No comments:

Shirred Stretch Dress

Burdastyle's  Stretch Jersey Dress 08/2018 #112  is sure to be one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I will make this over and ove...