Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Jalie Crossover Top

I dug out this pattern because my 12-year old expresses admiration every time I wear the fuschia and black top I made. So since Jalie patterns include the whole range of sizes from toddler to way past mine, it was time to take advantage of it. I bought this pattern years ago, and made 2 tops. I liked the tops, but I've also been sewing other very similar wrap tops from other patterns. I've come to the conclusion that the Jalie wrap top is my favorite.



For the version with the sea-green band, I made the back hem with a curve, rather than straight. 
I made this version in autumn colors several years ago, in rayon knit, with non-stretch faux suede bands.

This top is so quick to make! I am averaging about 1 hour per top.

No comments:

Shirred Stretch Dress

Burdastyle's  Stretch Jersey Dress 08/2018 #112  is sure to be one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I will make this over and ove...