Sunday, May 11, 2014

I won, I won!!!

PatternReview.com was holding a contest for Colette pattern reviewers in the month of April, in order to promote indie pattern designers.  It doesn't take much to motivate me to sew and show, so I submitted two reviews of Colette patterns. And much to my surprise, I received this email.

Dear Cristina,

Congratulations! You have won the random entry prize in the Colette Patterns April Indie Contest!

Here's a link to the Winners Announcement on PatternReview:


You have won a pattern bundle with two new Colette Patterns AND an e-Book!

Colette Patterns will be in touch with you shortly regarding your prize.

Thank you for entering this contest, inspiring others and sharing your project with us!

Please let us know if you have any questions at support@patternreview.com.

Happy sewing,


- Alexis
Customer Support



Well, how about that?!!  I am thoroughly pleased. And as the prize, I actually had a choice between the e-book and the printed book, so I chose the printed book. Since Colette Patterns is just up the freeway in Portland, the goods came quickly--the two newest patterns and the new book, The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits.


A booklet of thorough instructions is included in every pattern


The book contains very basic information, but it also has some good tips and ideas. Some of what I found helpful to me is info on the coverstitch machine, and ideas for applying elastics and trims. It is actually written by Alyson Clair, who says in the book, "Knits can be an entirely new game, but it's the only one I want to play."
I agree. I have made plenty of tops and dresses out of both wovens and knits, but more often than not, it's something made of knit that I pull out to wear. I've also noticed that out of the clothes I make for my daughters, the garments made of knit fabric are definitely used quite a lot. 

The contest format was a random drawing, and my review for the Colette Licorice dress is the one that won. 


No comments:

Shirred Stretch Dress

Burdastyle's  Stretch Jersey Dress 08/2018 #112  is sure to be one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure I will make this over and ove...